Nancy Oehler began her legal career back in Virginia in 1987, and has worked in the Intellectual Property field since 1992 in the capacity of both a legal secretary and paralegal.
Before coming to Quarles & Brady, Nancy worked as the Senior Foreign Patent Paralegal for a large firm in California. She was responsible for preparing and filing all PCT and foreign patent applications, and the maintenance and correspondence on all matters with the foreign associates and clients. Nancy managed the foreign patent docket and all foreign patent files.
Upon joining Quarles and Brady in 2004, Nancy transitioned from patents to trademarks and copyrights. Nancy's current work experience includes:
- Conduct basic State, U.S. and international trademark and copyright due diligence and clearance searches.
- Prepare and file U.S. and foreign trademark applications and U.S. copyright applications.
- Prepare and file U.S. trademark extensions, statements of use, maintenance and renewal documents.
- Manage the trademark docket.
- Prepare and maintain individual client status charts.
- Coordinate intake and review of new client existing trademark portfolios.
- Work directly with attorneys, clients and foreign associates in the filing, prosecution and maintenance of U.S. and foreign trademarks and copyrights.
Education and Honors
- Virginia Commonwealth College (A.A., 1987)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Nancy has been a member of Quarles & Brady Diversity & Inclusion Council in the Phoenix Office since 2010, and Co-Chair of the Phoenix Council since 2011