Naomi Thurston focuses her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation and appellate advocacy. She has been successful in delivering results for her clients at the dispositive motion stage in litigation, and in achieving early resolution through settlement, where appropriate.
Her litigation experience includes:
- Representing large and small businesses in connection with breach of contract, breach of guaranty, and commercial tort actions.
- Representing clients in water and environmental litigation in federal and state courts and in regulatory disputes before federal and state administrative agencies.
- Representing financial institutions in connection with loan defaults, lender liability claims, and foreclosure-related disputes.
- Representing business owners in employment-related disputes involving breach of non-compete agreements and trade secret misappropriation.
- Representing business owners and individuals with construction defect claims.
Her appellate advocacy experience includes:
- Successfully representing a large homeowners' association against homeowner challenges to its CC&R's, both on summary judgment and on appeal.
- Ahwatukee Bd. of Mgmt., Inc. v. Feng Qin, No. 1 CA-CV 14-0538, 2015 WL 6088168 (App. Oct. 15, 2015).
- Successfully representing banks and industry interests in lender liability cases.
- Arizona Bank & Trust v. James R. Barrons Trust, 237 Ariz. 401, 351 P.3d 1099 (App. 2015), review denied (Oct. 27, 2015).
- Guar. Bank & Trust Co. v. Rancho Tuscana, LLC, No. 1 CA-CV 13-0303, 2015 WL 1543126 (App. Mar. 31, 2015).
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., 2012)
- Highest Pro Bono Distinction
- Arizona State Law Journal (Managing Editor)
- Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Team; ASU Civil Justice Clinic
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar; Women Law Students’ Association
- Truman State University (B.A., 2007)
- Recipient of President’s Combined Ability and Foreign Language Scholarships
- President’s Honor Roll
- Student Activities Board
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2013
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2017–present: Civil Litigation: Plaintiff)