Nathan Mathews focuses his practice on representation of private equity, middle market, and publicly held companies in acquisitions and divestitures, negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements, risk management, and creditor rights matters. Mr. Mathews focuses his practice in the food products and packaging, manufacturing and automotive, health care, and information technology industries.
Mr. Mathews has recently assisted in
- Acquisition by public company of a venture capital-funded power quality, detection, and monitoring target.
- Divestiture by private equity client to a private equity buyer of a commercial property services company in a $72 million stock sale.
- Add-on acquisition by private equity client of an information technology, managed services, and datacenter provider.
- 363 sale of a franchise restaurant business to private equity buyers.
- Sale of rapid-growth food product line by family-held owners to public company buyer.
- Acquisition of a mining services company by an international energy, mining, and construction client.
- Acquisition of private-label food products business by financial buyers through a 363 sale process.
- Acquisition by international client of a previously publicly held medical products company valued at $85 million.
- Add-on acquisition by private equity client of a precision-engineered products company.
- Divestiture of a domestic subsidiary distributor by an international pulp and paper producer.
- Management buyout of leading manufacturer of commercial heating equipment.
- Stock exchange merger transaction for financial technology services client valued at approximately $3 billion.
Before joining Quarles & Brady LLP, Mr. Mathews practiced with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in Chicago.
Prior to becoming involved in transactional work, Mr. Mathews litigated commercial disputes, including related to mergers and acquisitions, insurance coverage, products liability, and intellectual property.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- University of Texas (B.A., 1997)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2000
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars 2012-2014 Editions (Mergers & Acquisitions)