Quarles & Brady Launches Firmwide Community Service Initiative Focusing on Anti-Bullying10/07/13
MILWAUKEE, WIS. — The national law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP today announced that its national corporate social responsibility program, called Quarles Cares, is launching a new anti-bullying initiative during the week of October 7.
“Given my personal commitment to the anti-bullying initiative in Phoenix and beyond, coupled with our firm’s commitment to both the cause and a nationwide charitable effort this October – National Anti-Bullying Month – I was proud to jump in head first at this opportunity to educate and advocate for this cause,” said Phoenix partner Nicole France Stanton, who has made anti-bullying advocacy her public platform as the First Lady of Phoenix since her husband, Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, took office in 2012.
Quarles Cares provides opportunities for the firm’s attorneys and staff to commit themselves personally to civic and charitable efforts as good corporate citizens, to make better the world around them. This new initiative provides the firm with an opportunity to partner with clients and provide financial support to organizations that offer anti-bullying education and raise awareness of anti-bullying efforts. The cause was selected by the firm’s new chairperson, Kimberly Leach Johnson, to represent a part of her leadership legacy.
“Quarles & Brady is committed to leading by example in its Quarles Care efforts during my tenure, and I’m particularly excited about this new initiative,” said Leach Johnson. “I believe an appreciation for fairness and justice develops at an early age, so it is important to me personally to help create a safe and cruelty-free environment in our schools.”
The Quarles & Brady offices have identified their client partners in the anti-bullying initiative and are confirming local activities to engage community members. The tentative plan for the week of Oct. 7 is:
- Monday, Oct. 7: The initiative will kickoff with a firmwide video message from Nicole France Stanton, a litigation partner in the Phoenix office, who is also First Lady of Phoenix and an anti-bullying advocate, as well as an introduction from Leach Johnson.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8: The firm will present a video conference program to all employees, featuring special guest speaker R. Bradley Snyder, well known for his work with children, adolescents and young adults, and the author of “The 5 Simple Truths of Raising Kids.”
- Wednesday, Oct. 9: Proclaimed Unity Day by the National Bullying Prevention Center, the firm will participate by encouraging all employees to donate $5 and wear orange to show their support of the anti-bullying initiative.
- Thursday, Oct. 10: Each Quarles law firm office will participate in a local anti-bullying awareness activity, together with a client-partner.
- Friday, Oct. 11: Check presentations representing donations received on Unity Day will be presented to anti-bullying organizations.
About Quarles Cares
Quarles Cares is a firmwide effort to connect directly with local communities, to best understand the residents’ needs. Through the volunteer initiatives, attorneys and staff commit themselves personally to civic and charitable efforts, and their personal growth is reflected in the workplace. Over the last several years, the primary areas of focus have been hunger and education, but whatever the cause, Quarles Cares’ focal point is hands-on volunteerism. Additional information about Quarles cares may be found at http://www.quarles.com/about/quarles_cares/.
About Quarles & Brady LLP
Quarles & Brady LLP is a full-service law firm with more than 400 attorneys practicing from offices in Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz.; Naples and Tampa, Fla.; Chicago, Ill; Madison and Milwaukee, Wis.; Washington, D.C.; and Shanghai, China. The firm provides an array of legal services to corporate and individual clients, which range from small entrepreneurial businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Additional information about the firm may be found at www.quarles.com, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.