Nicholas Gaffney is an associate in the Trusts & Estates Practice Group. Mr. Gaffney practices in the areas of estate planning and both administration and tax planning for estates and trusts.
Mr. Gaffney's experience includes
- Drafting wills and trusts, including grantor-retained annuity trusts.
- Assisting in the implementation of gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques designed to achieve tax-efficient multi-generational wealth transfers.
- Assisting not-for-profit corporations in obtaining and maintaining federal tax exemption.
- Preparing business entity formation instruments.
Education and Honors
- University of Florida (LL.M., 2013)
- Major: Taxation
- Research Assistant for Professor Dennis A. Calfee
- Book Award Recipient: Taxation of Gratuitous Transfers and Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- Book Award Recipient: Taxation of Gratuitous Transfers and Civil Clinic
- DePauw University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Phi Beta Kappa