Nicole has undertaken a wide variety of cases, for many types of clients, over the course of her career. The following are a sample of recent cases:
- Defense of an Arizona municipality against breach of contract and fraud claims arising out of a failed real estate development.
- Defense of a private education entity against breach of contract and other contract-related claims brought by two tenured professors, following the conclusion of their employment.
- Defense of local and national law firms in legal malpractice actions.
- Defense of a global accounting firm against allegations of fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and failure to comply with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards arising out of auditing work completed by the accounting firm on a company involved in a merger transaction.
- Obtained early dismissal of 10 out of 10 claims against a financial institution, in a lender liability matter arising out of a defaulted loan obtained by a limited liability company formed by two real estate joint ventures. The claims included negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting, unjust enrichment, and civil conspiracy.
- Defense of a Big Five accounting firm in multiple, simultaneous proceedings in federal and state court, involving both civil and criminal litigation.
- Defense of an international insurance brokerage company against allegations of broker malpractice.
- Defense of an actuarial and benefits consulting firm against professional liability claims brought by trustee and pension plans.
- Assisting in the defense of a telecommunications provider against alleged violations of the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act.
Nicole has provided outstanding leadership and counsel on several legal matters and policy decisions for our institution. Her brilliant legal skills and creative solutions are complemented by an open, collaborative approach. Nicole’s customer service and responsiveness are unparalleled.
— Scott Thompson, CEO of Arizona Summit Law School and current client of the firm