Nneka Umeh is a member of the firm's Labor & Employment Practice Group, where she focuses her practice on immigration. She has extensive experience advising large and small corporations on nonimmigrant petitions, family and employment based permanent resident processes, and I-9 compliance for foreign nationals.
She has broad experience with B, E, H, L, O, and TN non-immigrant visas. Nneka focuses on permanent residency based on EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3, including Outstanding Research, Extraordinary Ability, and Multinational Manager petitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Nneka worked in-house at a global e-commerce company in Chicago.
Education and Honors
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Thurgood Marshall Legal Society (Member)
- Student Bar Association (Member)
- Yale University (B.S., 2004)
- Degree: Chemistry
- Texas (inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Member)