Otto Immel leads the Firm’s Florida Labor & Employment practice. He counsels and represents employers in a wide variety of workplace-related litigation. He also advises on all aspects of labor and employment law, including workforce management issues involving the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other federal, state, and local fair employment and anti-discrimination statutes. His experience includes
- Implementing compliance strategies and addressing specific statutory compliance issues in all areas of labor & employment law, including EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, WARN, OWBPA, and OSHA.
- Advising human resource professionals and all levels of management on myriad workplace decisions and practices, including individual and company-wide issues concerning employee selection, retention, performance, discipline and discharge, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, reductions in force, mergers and acquisitions, management and employee training, grievance adjustment, and employee handbook and policy development.
- Advising employers on employment-related immigration issues, including employment authorization, visas, permanent resident petitions, I-9, E-Verify, and various federal and state contractor requirements.
- Conducting workplace investigations into issues including suspected employee misconduct, sexual and other harassment, and other discrimination claims.
- Developing, implementing, and enforcing agreements protecting intellectual property and preventing unfair competition.
- Presenting training sessions for management, human resource professionals, and employees on topics covering all areas of labor and employment law.
- Labor & Employment
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- ERISA Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- International Services
Education and Honors
- Temple University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1992)
- Temple Law Review (Research/Special Projects Editor, 1990–1992)
- The Johns Hopkins University (B.A., with honors, 1989)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Named a 2013 Economic Partnership Volunteer by The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce