Clients rely on Pamela Ploor as a business advisor and advocate representing employers. Pamela has deep experience providing employment law advice to clients on the full range of labor and employment matters. One area of concentration is extensive client representation in state and federal courts and administrative agencies on employment discrimination and retaliation lawsuits, including those filed by the EEOC, Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other whistleblowing and retaliation complaints, and FMLA lawsuits. She also handles discrimination complaints related to housing and lending.
Pamela has client counseling concentrations in state and federal leave laws, reasonable accommodation of employees, electronic communication technologies and social media issues in the workplace, workplace investigations, electronic discovery, records retention, and workplace reorganizations. Pamela has extensive experience advising clients on statistics, including related to disparate impact. She also advises clients on their disability accessibility obligations under Titles I - III of the ADA and similar laws for workplaces, commercial and public places, buildings, property, and web sites. Pamela also advises federal government contractors on their affirmative action obligations and government contracts, represents government contractors during audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), and oversees the preparation of government contractors' affirmative action plans. Pamela chairs the Labor & Employment Group's OFCCP/Affirmative Action Team.
Pam works with clients across all industries, but has considerable experience working with clients in the following industries: financial services, health care, software, manufacturing, and construction.
- Labor & Employment
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1993)
- UCLA (B.A., magna cum laude, 1989)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Metropolitan Milwaukee SHRM
- Industry Liaison Group (ILG) of Milwaukee District of the Midwest Region for OFCCP
- Associated General Contractors Labor and Employment Law Council
- Named 2010 BTI Client Service All-Star, which was bestowed on only 164 attorneys nationally; also joins 14 select attorneys as a "2-Year MVP" of The BTI Client Service All-Star Team
- Named 2009 BTI Client Service All-Star, which was bestowed on only 176 attorneys nationally and 2 in Wisconsin, for commitment to client satisfaction and responsiveness
- Listed in Chambers USA® first in 2005. In 2015: "The 'fantastic' Pamela Ploor advises employers on social media usage and leave policies for employees, and is also recognized for her strength in OFCCP compliance. She also has expertise in litigation related to claims of retaliation and whistle-blowing."
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 (Litigation - Labor and Employment)