Ranked nationally as an “IP Litigation Powerhouse” and one of the “Most Feared Litigation Firms” by legal market research firm The BTI Consulting Group, Quarles & Brady has extensive experience in protecting, enforcing, and defending intellectual property rights in a broad range of technologies, in forums across the country. Listed in The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, The Best Lawyers in America (including an IP Litigation Attorney of the Year), and Super Lawyers, our IP lawyers have the industry-acknowledged experience, knowledge, depth, and resources to meet your goals anywhere, any time.
Our clients are sophisticated companies that understand the value and importance of protecting their ideas, technology, and brands. They include biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and life science companies as well as research institutions, software companies, consumer product companies, original equipment manufacturing companies, and more.
We handle the prosecution and defense of infringement lawsuits in federal district courts, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC), and the International Trade Commission as well as inter partes reviews (IPRs), interferences, and reexaminations in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. We also handle the prosecution and defense of IP licensing disputes in state and federal courts.
Our overriding goal is to win for our clients. We deliver on this goal by focusing on six standards:
- Understanding client objectives and expectations.
- Providing the substantive and courtroom expertise that meets client needs.
- Bringing efficiency and effective process management to the case.
- Communicating with clients from the perspective of a business partner, not a vendor.
- Budgeting and managing the case in a way that makes client fees predictable.
- Executing and delivering the results clients desire.