Pat Goebel focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and general business and corporate matters. His practice includes an emphasis on the representation of privately held businesses in legal, financial and business matters. His experience includes:
- Regularly advising privately held and family businesses and their owners with respect to general business and commercial matters, succession planning, estate and financial planning matters, and taxation.
- Representing both buyers and sellers, strategic and financial, in well over 100 successful stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures and venture capital transactions throughout the United States.
- Representing a large privately held Midwestern manufacturer in its acquisition and divestiture program involving
15 separate transactions in a five-year period.
- Representing the seller of a multibillion dollar foodservice business in the sale of that business to a privately held buyer.
- Representing the seller of a multibillion dollar food wholesale business in the sale of that business to a strategic buyer.
- Representing the family ownership group in the sale of one of the largest privately held foundry businesses in the United States.
- Representing the owner of seven retail supermarkets and a bakery in the sale of those businesses to a strategic buyer.
Education and Honors
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1977)
Order of the Coif. Note and Comment Editor, Ohio State Law Journal.
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (B.B.A., 1974)
Beta Gamma Sigma
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2007-present: Corporate Law / Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law / Mergers and Acquisitions Law).
Peer Review Rated.
Professional and Civic Activities
Milwaukee Bar Association (Member).
American Bar Association (Member, Business Law and Taxation Sections).
State Bar of Wisconsin (Member).