Patrick Murphy practices in the Firm’s Commercial Litigation Group, and is an active member in that Group’s insurance recovery and intellectual property teams.
His recent experiences include:
- Representing policyholders in coverage disputes involving various types of claims, including environmental, asbestos and “advertising injury” claims under commercial general liability policies.
- Representing intellectual property owners in enforcing patent, trademark and trade secret rights against competitors and former employees.
- Representing companies in litigation involving computer hacking and false advertising claims.
- Representing companies and individuals in litigation involving breach of contract, negligence and fraud claims.
Education and Honors
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2008)
Order of the Coif. Dean’s List.
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., with distinction, 2003)
Phi Beta Kappa. Dean’s List.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2008
Professional and Civic Activities
Milwaukee Bar Association (Member).