Paul Parrish practices out of our Tampa office. Since 1983, Mr. Parrish has maintained a general commercial litigation practice with concentrations in ERISA litigation, admiralty litigation, and complex insurance coverage litigation.
Mr. Parrish has acted as trial counsel in state and federal courts in lawsuits involving the entire spectrum of claims arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ("ERISA"). He represents clients on preemption issues, benefits litigation, COBRA litigation, and fiduciary litigation under ERISA. Representative clients include insurance companies, third-party administrators, financial companies, consultants, fiduciaries, trustees, employers, participants, and beneficiaries.
Mr. Parrish represents clients in all phases of admiralty litigation, including in rem actions, Rule B attachment actions, collisions, allisions, cargo cases, pollution matters, Jones Act and LHWCA actions, limitation of liability petitions, marine insurance, and contract matters. Mr. Parrish has extensive contacts in the Tampa maritime community.
Mr. Parrish also specializes in complex insurance coverage litigation on the plaintiff's side. In the past, Mr. Parrish has represented insureds in all varieties of insurance claims, including property, disability, maritime, business loss, casualty, and subrogation.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- International Services
Education and Honors
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1983)
- University of Florida (B.S., with honors, 1979)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1984
Professional and Civic Activities
- Port of Tampa Maritime Industries Association (Member)
- The Propeller Club, Port of Tampa (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013–present: Commercial Litigation / Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law)
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers® (2016: Insurance Coverage)