Peter Sarasek was a member of Quarles & Brady's Real Estate Group. He practiced in the areas of commercial real estate finance, leasing and sales/acquisitions. He had extensive experience in multistate conduit lending, in the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties throughout the United States, and in the lease-up of new office buildings as well as existing facilities. Peter's extensive legal practice included:
- Representation of the American Medical Association as anchor tenant in the relocation of its Chicago headquarters to 330 N. Wabash Street in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of Baker & McKenzie LLP as anchor tenant in connection with its relocation from Prudential Plaza to 300 East Randolph Street in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of Kirkland & Ellis LLP as anchor tenant in connection with its relocation to 300 North LaSalle Street in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of William Blair & Company, L.L.C. as anchor tenant in its then planned relocation to 444 W. Lake Street in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of ownership of Parkway North Office Park in Deerfield, Illinois in connection with its leasing and property management issues.
- Representation of a national pension fund real estate advisor in connection with the leasing by various owners of industrial properties in the Midwest.
- Representation of the developer/owner of UBS Tower, a 50-story office tower located at One North Wacker Drive in Chicago, Illinois, in connection with its initial lease-up of the building, including the representation of the landlord's interests in leases with PricewaterhouseCoopers, UBS AG Chicago Branch, Citadel Investment Company, Fifth Third Bank, and Merrill Lynch, among others.
- Representation of three life companies in a $480,000,000 portfolio financing involving fourteen borrowers, thirty-five facilities, ten states, and two phases to the funding.
- Representation of a national insurance company in the mortgage financing of apartment, office, industrial and retail properties throughout the country, and especially in the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Oregon and Colorado.
- Representation of the seller of a majority interest in the LLC ownership entity of 333 West Wacker Drive in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of the seller of Oak Brook Plaza (2-building office complex) in Oak Brook, Illinois.
- Representation of the purchaser of office building facilities in Tennessee, Texas, Ohio, Florida, and industrial facilities in Indiana and Ohio.
- Representation of the seller of Caremark Towers office complex in Northbrook, Illinois.
- Representation of a county forest preserve district as its land acquisition counsel in connection with the acquisition of various open-space parcels as part of the county's open space and trail development program.
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1974)
- Wisconsin Law Review (Editor, 1972-1974). Order of the Coif.
- Catholic University of America (M.A., 1968)
- Catholic University of America (B.A., magna cum laude, 1967)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1974
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers - "ACREL" (Member)
- American Land Title Association (Member)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (Member, Chicago Chapter)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Executives Club of Chicago (Member, Real Estate Committee)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member, Real Property and Federal Taxation Sections)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Named one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Illinois by Super Lawyers® (2009-2013)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2005-present: Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006-2014 Illinois Super Lawyers® lists (Real Estate)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2005-present: Litigation - Real Estate / Real Estate Law)
- Leading Lawyers Network (Member)
- Featured, "Enjoying Complexities of the Deal," Leading Lawyers Magazine - Real Estate, Construction & Environmental Edition, 2012
- Co-chair, Practicing Law Institute Chicago programs: 13th Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute, October 31-November 1, 2011
- Interview, Practising Law Institute's In Brief newsletter, October 22, 2009
- Panel participant on "Updating Your Playbook for Negotiating Key Lease Provisions;" Law Seminars International Program; Chicago, Illinois; September 2009
- Panel participant on "Negotiating Key Lease Provisions-Landlord's Perspective;" Law Seminars International Program; Chicago, Illinois; September 2008
- Chair, Practicing Law Institute Chicago programs: Commercial Real Estate Finance, Spring 2005-2012
- Chair, Practicing Law Institute Chicago programs: Commercial Real Estate Institute, Fall 2004-2011
- Chair, Practicing Law Institute Chicago program: Sophisticated Real Estate Practice, Fall 2003
- Co-chair, Negotiating Leases Conference, CLE International, Chicago, November 2002
- Faculty, Practicing Law Institute, "Negotiating Commercial Leases, Lender's Perspective" (Panel Participant 1997-1999; Chair of Chicago Program Fall 2000)