Peter T. Tschanz is a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. Mr. Tschanz represents management interests in all aspects of the employment relationship. He counsels employers with respect to the hiring process, discipline and separation of employees and, when necessary, provides legal representation in connection with litigated disputes.
Mr. Tschanz has represented employers in a wide variety of matters before state and federal courts, administrative agencies and in arbitration.
While in law school, Mr. Tschanz served as executive articles editor for the Indiana Law Review. He also served as an associate justice for the law school’s Moot Court Executive Board. In addition, he became a member of the Order of the Barristers and was awarded the Mitzi H. Martin Moot Court Award, an honor presented to the top oral advocate for the opening rounds of the Honorable Robert H. Staton Moot Court Competition.
Since 2012, Mr. Tschanz has been named on the “Rising Stars” list for his employer-defense work by Indiana Super Lawyers®.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Dean’s Honor List
- Loyola University Chicago (B.A., 2006)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition (2012–present)