“Counseling your board of directors and officers on cybersecurity risks”
Safe and Sound 12/29/14 By Margaret Utterback
Data security is a business issue that goes beyond the IT department.
Join Quarles & Brady for an overview of breach-response preparation and response imperatives. The event will be from 8:30 to 10 a.m. CT Jan. 22 at the firm’s Chicago office and the discussion will particularly target in-house counsel, compliance officers, chief audit executives and other interested executives.
It will address the potential financial and reputational risks that security and data breach issues pose for your company and the importance of educating and advising boards of directors and CEOs on cybersecurity risks and liability issues.
Presenters will cover:
- the correlation between a company’s business and technology decisions and its risk profile;
- understanding a company’s level of preparedness and the protocols in place;
- critical elements that determine the ability to respond to a breach and the importance of having a response team in place;
- phases of a cyber-investigation, including identification, containment, recovery, and lessons learned;
- highlights of the significant costs associated with a breach and necessary solution providers who can speed up recovery efforts; and
- the evolving insurance market, typical coverage, and new products being offered.
Presenters are Margaret Utterback, Quarles & Brady partner and one of this blog’s authors; Drew Olson, CPA, CFF, Consulting Director, BDO; and Karen Schuler, CFE Consulting Managing Director, BDO. A roundtable discussion will follow the one-hour presentation.
One hour will be applied of continuing legal education credit in IL, IN, and WI. If you are member of another jurisdiction that does not honor CLE credit from IL, IN, or WI, materials needed to apply for CLE credit will be provided. Please contact CLE Coordinator Donna Key at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register click here.
Registrations should be received by Friday, Jan. 16. If you have questions please contact Shannon Resnick at (312) 715-5065 or email@example.com.