Her significant representations include the following:
- Lead counsel in four inter partes review (IPR) proceedings, as both patent owner and petitioner, and four inter partes reexaminations on behalf of a multi-national manufacturing company. Provided strategic counsel in three related pieces of district court patent litigation involving ten patents.
- Managed and consolidated the global IP assets of two multi-national manufacturing companies after their merger.
- Maintained and managed the patent portfolios of over 20 divisions of a global diversified operating company. Counseled engineers in each division with respect to patentability and infringement issues. Developed strategies across multiple divisions in order to most-effectively keep competitors from implementing core technologies.
- Developed strategy for asserting infringement of six utility patents against major competitor in marine pump and food services industries.
- Developed strategy for patent infringement countersuit in food services water filtration industry.
- Performed patent portfolio due diligence for acquisitions related to membrane bioreactors, electrochemical water softeners, and reverse osmosis energy recovery systems.
- Conducted in-depth patent infringement and patent validity analysis of patent portfolios of several filter cartridge manufacturers. Prepared noninfringement and invalidity opinions allowing client to enter replacement filter cartridge market.
- Managed the patent prosecution of over 50 U.S. and foreign patent applications for three teams of doctors developing vagal nerve stimulation technology for use in cardiac surgery.
- Researched and advised officers of company interested in selling and licensing patents in order to generate revenue from patents not being commercialized.
- Coordinated brainstorming sessions for groups of engineers and scientists in the areas of patient monitoring and cardiac imaging. Prepared resulting invention disclosures designed to create families of patents to strategically protect future technology.
- Personally obtained hundreds of patents by conducting all aspects of patent prosecution before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including drafting applications, preparing amendments, preparing appeal briefs, and conducting examiner interviews.