Rebecca Speckhard dedicates her practice to municipal and governmental finance. Ms. Speckhard serves as bond counsel to municipal and governmental issuers throughout the State of Wisconsin, with particular expertise in general obligation financings, public utility revenue bond financings and community development authority and redevelopment authority financings, and related tax incremental financing and development matters. Ms. Speckhard also regularly serves as underwriter’s counsel and issuer’s counsel on public finance transactions. Her recent experience includes:
- Serving as bond counsel on the State of Wisconsin Transportation Revenue Bond and Operating Note Programs.
- Serving as bond counsel on hundreds of municipal financings in the State of Wisconsin, including general obligation bonds and promissory notes, utility revenue bonds, bond anticipation notes and special assessment bonds.
- Serving as bond counsel on dozens of community development authority and redevelopment authority lease revenue bond financings and providing related development agreement advice.
- Serving as bond counsel on Clean Water Fund, Safe Drinking Water and Land Recycling Loan financings.
- Advising and assisting municipalities with the creation of tax incremental districts.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1990)
Order of the Coif. Phi Beta Kappa.
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., 1986)
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1990
Selected for inclusion in the 2005-2008 Wisconsin Super Lawyers®
lists (Public Finance).
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2007-present: Project Finance Law / Public Finance Law).
Listed in Wisconsin's Best Lawyers®
(2011: Public Finance Law, Project Finance Law).
Named as Fellow to the American College of Bond Counsel (2009).
Professional and Civic Activities
State Bar of Wisconsin (Member).
National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member).
Milwaukee Bar Association (Co-chair, Government Law Section, 2007-2008).