Robert "Bob" Kline is the senior partner in Tampa's Trust & Estates Practice Group. His practice focuses on estate planning, probate, trust administration, taxation, probate litigation, trust litigation, beneficiary litigation, and fiduciary liability, including the representation of trustees, personal representatives, executors, and other fiduciaries. He also represents a broad range of charitable foundations and other 501(c)(3) organizations. Bob is also certified as a Circuit Court Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court, and he serves as a mediator in trust and estate cases upon request. He also serves as an expert witness in fiduciary matters including disputes regarding trustee fees and attorney fees. He practiced with the law firm of Holland and Knight LLP for 17 years prior to joining Quarles & Brady, and he had previously served as Managing Director and Senior Trust Officer for a national trust company.
Mr. Kline has held federal and state securities licenses, including series 7, 66, and 24 (general securities principal) and a Florida Department of Financial Services license to transact in Life, Health, and Variable Annuity policies.
Bob also has great enthusiasm for his pro bono work, providing individual representation to low-income people and local and national non-profit organizations who need and deserve a good lawyer. Much of that work is done as a volunteer attorney through Bay Area Legal Services. He is also the Pro Bono Co-coordinator for Quarles & Brady's Tampa office. Bob and his wife, Carol LoCicero, work with, and support several hunger and homelessness programs in Tampa Bay and played a role in starting a local branch of End 68 Hours of Hunger, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit that works with the public school system in identifying and feeding children who need nourishment during weekends.
- Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation
- Fiduciary, Trust and Probate Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 1993)
- Western Michigan University (J.D., 1986)
- Michigan State University (B.A., 1982)
- Major: Business Administration
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- Florida State Courts
Professional and Civic Activities
- Professional Advisory Council for WEDU Public Television (Co-chair)
- American Bar Association – Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section (Member)
- Probate Rules Committee of The Florida Bar (2007–2013).
- Legal Needs of Children Committee of The Florida Bar (2014–present).
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar (Member)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (Member)
- Greater Tampa Unit of the American Cancer Society (Operating Board)
- American Cancer Society, Florida Division (Past Chairman of the Planned Giving Operating Board)
- Hyde Park Presbyterian Church (Elder)
- Served as president, director, and executive committee member for numerous charitable organizations, including the Children's Cancer Center, the Lowry Park Zoo, the Gulf Coast Museum of Art, and the Planned Giving Steering Committee for All Children's Hospital
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® Litigation & Controversy – Tax; Litigation – Trusts & Estates; Trusts and Estates; Tax Law (2011-2014)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006–Present Florida Super Lawyers® lists
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend magazine's 2007–2009, 2011–2013 Legal Elite lists
- Recognized by the Supreme Court of Florida, Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar, and the Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association for exceptional pro bono service in 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated