Bob Bornhoft is a real estate and commercial transactional attorney and partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. Bob's practice encompasses a wide variety of real estate, commercial finance, and business transactional matters, with an emphasis on office and retail commercial leasing transactions, secured real estate and asset based lending transactions (including the financing of a number of renewable energy facilities throughout the State of Arizona), real estate purchase and sale transactions, and commercial contract matters. Bob also is a member of the firm's opinion committee and devotes a substantial amount of his practice to legal opinions in real estate, commercial, and corporate transactions.
Bob's recent experience includes:
- Serving as landlord's counsel in connection with the negotiation and closing of a commercial office lease with a major medical provider for over 300,000 rentable square feet of office space, with the transaction constituting one of the largest office leases ever in metropolitan Phoenix.
- Serving as lender's counsel in connection with the development and secured financing (approximately $185,000,000) of a 625 MW power block and 1,250 MW combined-cycle natural gas powered electrical generating facility in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Serving as lender's counsel in connection with the development and secured financing (over $200,000,000 pursuant to various commitments) of a 55 MW solar and 30 MW wind generation facility in Cochise County, Arizona.
- Serving as local counsel to a large entertainment provider in connection with a series of multi-state corporate transactions providing for financing in excess of $1,000,000,000.
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- Order of the Coif
- Arizona State Law Journal (Articles Editor, 1985–1986)
- University of Nebraska (B.S., with distinction, 1983)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Former President and Executive Council Member, Business Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property Law and Corporation, Banking and Business Law Sections)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Real Property Law and Business Law Sections)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ranking
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2018–present: Real Estate Law)