Bob Harris is a partner in our Commercial Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights Group. Mr. Harris has over 25 years of experience practicing bankruptcy law in Arizona and throughout the country. Mr. Harris’ practice focuses on all aspects of commercial bankruptcy and related bankruptcy litigation. Among others, Mr. Harris has represented secured creditors, DIP lenders, unsecured creditors, debtors, committees, trustees, lessors, lessees and purchasers. Mr. Harris’ recent experience includes:
- Representing a national healthcare lender with respect to secured claims and/or DIP loans in various healthcare bankruptcies throughout the country.
- Representing two indenture trustees in an Arizona bankruptcy in relation to secured claims in multifamily housing facilities located in Missouri and Illinois.
- Representing a publicly held information technology company as Debtor’s bankruptcy counsel.
- Representing a national lender in an Arizona bankruptcy in relation to its secured claim in a Camelback corridor retail facility.
- Representing a bidder/purchaser in relation to an acquisition of hotel resort management contracts through a bankruptcy auction.
- Representing the purchaser of a nonperforming loan portfolio in various bankruptcy and related collection matters.
- Representing a creditors committee in an Arizona healthcare bankruptcy.
Education and Honors
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1987)
Order of the Coif (Member).
- Wichita State University (B.B.A., 1984)
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2009-present: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law).
Professional and Civic Activities
State Bar of Arizona (Member).
Maricopa County Bar Association (Member).
American Bar Association (Member).