Rodney Ott serves as Of Counsel in the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of general business, commercial litigation, appeals, and product liability.
He represents developers and utilities in public utility commission matters, including cases involving the issuance and modifications of certificates of convenience and necessity.
He has been involved in a number of jury trials and appeals concerning eminent domain, contract and lease disputes, valuation of real estate, and governmental takings of undeveloped and improved land. His practice includes appearing before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Arizona Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, Divisions One and Two.
Education and Honors
- Fordham University (J.D., cum laude, 1991)
- Fordham Law Review (Associate Editor)
- Johns Hopkins University (M.A., 1984)
- Columbia University (M.A., 1979)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with high distinction, 1977)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Scottsdale International Film Festival (Served on Board of Directors and volunteer preparation of grant applications)
- Named a Top 50 Pro Bono Attorney in Arizona by the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education (2015)