Ron Stoll's practice covered a broad commercial range. His clients included institutional and private investors, developers, homebuilders and resort developers, manufacturers, restauranteurs, e-businesses and advertising companies. Mr. Stoll's legal experience included the following areas:
- Real estate sales and purchases, including raw land, developed land and income-producing property; subdivision and master planned community development; resort acquisition and development; condominium hotels; and commercial real estate leases.
- Commercial finance transactions and workouts, including real estate finance, asset-based lending, structured finance, unsecured term loans, aircraft and other equipment leasing, and non-public venture capital and equity investments, involving many industries and representing primarily financial institutions and private investors, but also borrowers and issuers. Those transactions include significant experience in financing the real estate, time-share and healthcare industries.
- Mergers and acquisitions, including acquisitions through bankruptcy sales.
- Formation of new business entities; and general and special representation of companies involved in homebuilding, construction, retailing, advertising and hospitality businesses.
- International transactions, including representation of a U.S. utility in its investment in a real estate project in Mexico and its formation of a private utility company to provide utilities to that project, representation of an investor in an Australian manufacturer of electronic components and representation of an e-retailer in U.K. airports.
Education and Honors
- University of Toledo (J.D., cum laude, 1973)
- United States Naval Academy (B.S., magna cum laude, 1967)
- Ohio (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1979
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Resort Development Association (Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Speaker, "Condominium Hotels: An Overview," National Land and Law Council Meeting, 2001
- Speaker, "Financing Vacation Ownership Projects and Receivables," ALI-ABA Seminar on Resort Real Estate and Clubs, Formation, Operation and Documentation, 2001
- Speaker, "Time-Share Resort Financing," CLE International Seminar, 1999
- Speaker, "The Lender and the Choice of Entity," Arizona State Bar Association Seminar, Choice of Entity: Tax and Business Considerations, 1997
- Speaker, Land and Law Conference, Washington, D.C