Ryan Morrison practices in the areas of corporate finance, securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law. Ryan is also national co-chair of the firm's Corporate Finance/Securities team. His experience includes:
- Counseling public corporations on their disclosure duties and matters of corporate governance, including director independence and takeover defenses.
- Representing issuers and underwriters in securities offerings and buybacks.
- Representing acquirers, targets, independent directors, and financial advisers in mergers and other acquisition transactions, including tender offers.
- Providing general corporate representation to public and private companies.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (B.S., 1997)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2001
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (Secretary and Treasurer of Milwaukee Chapter)
- Ray Garrett, Jr. Corporate & Securities Law Institute–Chicago (Member, Planning Committee)
- Raymond School Foundation (Founding Board Member)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Editions 2007–2010 (Securities & Corporate Finance)