Ryan Patterson practices in the areas of commercial litigation and product liability defense. His experience includes
- Representing a manufacturer of water treatment systems in product liability lawsuits across the United States.
- Receiving full defense verdicts for product manufacturers in superior court and in compulsory arbitration.
- Representing an engineering firm in wrongful death claims stemming from cable barrier systems used in the Maricopa County freeways.
- Representing trailer and heavy equipment manufacturers in product defect and wrongful death claims.
- Representing microwave and refrigerator manufacturers in fire claims.
- Representing plumbing system component manufacturer in multi-district construction defect / product defect litigation.
- Preparing defenses for product manufacturers through the claim stage and leading to litigation.
- Preparing defenses for product manufacturers through the claim stage to posture claims for early resolution.
- Prosecuting collection matters against borrowers and guarantors in commercial loans.
- Navigating title insurance issues on behalf of both title insurance companies and lenders.
- Defending and prosecuting wrongful lien claims under Arizona's wrongful lien statute.
- Defending credit lending institutions against Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act claims.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Arizona Law Review (Case Notes Editor)
- University of Arizona (Student Special Events Director)
- University of Arizona (B.S., summa cum laude, 2003)
- Major: Accounting.
- Accounting Department Graduate of the Year (Spring 2003)
- Alpha Kappa Psi (Member)
- Arizona Students' Association (Student Lobbyist)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Received University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law's 2010 Outstanding Young Alumni Volunteer Award
- Capitol School Homeroom Program (Volunteer)
- Capitol School Tutoring Program (Volunteer)
- Selected with spouse as one of nine Arizona's Finest Couples by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2008)
- Volunteer basketball coach for local Boys & Girls Club
- Selected for inclusion in the Southwest Super Lawyers® -Rising Stars 2013–2014 Editions (Business Litigation)
- Presenter, "Core Competencies in the Workplace: How to Hit the Ground Running with Your First Summer Legal Position," University of Arizona Seminar, January 23, 2012
- "In Re Andre M.: Analyzing the Totality of the Circumstances when a Parent is Intentionally Excluded from a Juvenile Interrogation," Arizona Law Review, vol. 46, p. 601 (2004)