Ryan Patterson practices in the areas of commercial litigation and product liability defense. His experience includes:
- Representing a manufacturer of water treatment systems in product liability lawsuits across the United States.
- Receiving full defense verdicts for product manufacturers in superior court and in compulsory arbitration settings.
- Representing an engineering firm in wrongful death claims stemming from cable barrier systems used in the Maricopa County freeways.
- Representing trailer and heavy equipment manufacturers in product defect and wrongful death claims.
- Representing microwave and refrigerator manufacturers in fire claims.
- Representing plumbing system component manufacturer in multi-district construction defect/product defect litigation.
- Preparing defenses for product manufacturers through the claim stage and leading to litigation.
- Preparing defenses for product manufacturers through the claim stage to posture claims for early resolution.
- Prosecuting collection matters against borrowers and guarantors in commercial loans.
- Navigating title insurance issues on behalf of both title insurance companies and lenders.
- Defending and prosecuting wrongful lien claims under Arizona’s wrongful lien statue.
- Defending credit lending institutions against Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act claims.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
Arizona Law Review (Case Notes Editor). University of Arizona (Student Special Events Director).
- University of Arizona (B.S., summa cum laude, 2003)
Degree: Accounting. Accounting Department Graduate of the Year (Spring 2003). Alpha Kappa Psi (Member). Arizona Students’ Association (Student Lobbyist).
Selected for inclusion in the Southwest Super Lawyers®
–Rising Stars 2013-2014 Editions (Business Litigation).
Professional and Civic Activities
Received University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law’s 2010 Outstanding Young Alumni Volunteer Award.
Capitol School Homeroom Program (Volunteer).
Capitol School Tutoring Program (Volunteer).
Selected as one of nine AZ’s Finest Couples by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2008).
Volunteer basketball coach for local Boys & Girls Club.