Sara Cooper is a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group and is experienced in representing a variety of clients in real estate matters involving acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, and other real estate and commercial transactions. Her practice includes
- Representation of clients in acquisitions and dispositions of investment real estate and corporate real estate holdings.
- Representation of landlords in negotiation of office and retail leases.
- Representation of lenders in acquiring real property through deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
Education and Honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2009)
- Dean's List. Teaching Assistant, Property
- CALI Awards for Excellence: Property, Legal Writing III, and Trial Advocacy II
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Allen S. Goldberg, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, Law Division
- Legal Extern, Cook County Public Defender
- Boston College (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Major: Theater Arts, French
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2011
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program (Volunteer)