Scott Langlois practices in all areas involving commercial real estate, including real estate development, purchase and sale, financing, entitlement, condominiums, and leasing. His recent experience includes
- Representing the developer and owner in the acquisition, development, financing, and leasing of an approximately 290,000-square-foot Class A Office Park.
- Representing the developer in the development of mixed use, luxury, and commercial condominiums including river front and golf course, residential, duplex, brew pub, and campground condominiums. Creation of condominium with residential, retail, and office units in historic Wisconsin Avenue downtown location.
- Representing municipalities in sophisticated development agreement and tax incremental financing transactions including a $35 million tax incremental financing accommodating a $200 million development value open air luxury lifestyle shopping center and 235 unit multi-family apartment mixed use development.
- Representing the purchaser in the assemblage of an approximately 500-acre parcel in Southeastern Wisconsin for future development.
- Representing developers and owners in the development, purchase, sale, and leasing of retail shopping centers with representative tenants such as McDonalds Corporation, Subway, Walgreens, and SuperValu.
- Representing landlords and tenants in sophisticated lease arrangements, including large corporate headquarters office leases.
- Representing developers, buyers, sellers, landlords, and users in the development, sale, and leasing of industrial properties.
- Representing lenders in the workout, foreclosure, deed in lieu, and disposition of troubled loans and properties.
- Representing auto dealers in purchases and sales of automobile dealerships and related real estate purchases, financings, and development.
- Representing developers in the development and financing of residential subdivisions.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- Wisconsin Law Review (Editor)
- American Jurisprudence Award
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., with distinction, 1983)
Professional and Civic Activities
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Wisconsin Chapter (Member; Secretary; Member of Board of Directors and Public Affairs Committee, 2007–present)
- American Bar Association (Member, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Member, Development and Financing of Condominiums Projects Committee of Real Property Division)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member, Real Property Section, Co-chairman, 1992–1993, Chairman 1994–1997)
- Previously practiced with Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue in Dallas, Texas office
- Bay View Community Center of Milwaukee, Inc. (Former Director and Secretary)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2009–present: Real Estate Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2009–present: Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2015)