Real Estate Experience
Although Scott’s background positions him primarily as a representative of financial institution clients, he formally remains a member of the Real Estate Practice Group, and he continues to represent a number of real estate clients. His practice includes extensive experience in representing clients in a wide variety of real estate transactions, including real estate finance; residential real estate development; commercial, retail, and industrial development and leasing; and development of medical health care facilities. He has assisted clients in the following areas:
- Representation of local and national landlords in commercial, industrial, and retail developments.
- Representation of multiple national homebuilding companies and master-planned community developers in Arizona and Nevada, in various areas, including the acquisition of real property, negotiation of development agreements, entitlements, negotiation of development financing, negotiation of joint venture agreements, negotiation of various infrastructure and development agreements with municipalities, preparation of reciprocal easement agreements and CC&Rs, preparation of construction and sales contracts, and all other aspects of acquisition, development, and sale.
- Representation of “big box” and other tenants in retail and office leasing transactions.
- Representation of international corporation, handling all of its real estate-related issues in connection with acquisitions and ongoing operations.
- Representation of a variety of physician groups in entity formation and negotiation in medical office building leasing and development projects.
- Ongoing representation of national commercial land use development companies in various areas, including acquisition of land, land use entitlements, and preparation of other development agreements.