Stacy Alexejun is a commercial litigator, with particular experience in unfair competition, trademark, and trade secrets litigation.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Ms. Alexejun served as a law clerk to Justice Annette Kingsland Ziegler of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Her recent experience includes:
- Johnson Bank v. Robert G. Armstrong and Daniel P. Kauper, No. 13-CV-2038 (Dane Cnty. Cir. Ct.): Representation of Johnson Bank in a significant lawsuit against two former investment advisors, alleging breach of a non-compete agreement, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, breach of loyalty, tortious interference, and civil conspiracy.
- Representation of a company seeking to protect its trade secrets from disclosure under public records law. Obtained injunctive relief prohibiting disclosure of client’s trade secrets.
- Representation of a gas station in defending against alleged violations of Wisconsin’s Unfair Sales Act. Obtained order favorably interpreting the Act’s meeting competition exception.
- Representation of companies in patent infringement matters.
- Representation of companies in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Representation of companies in trademark enforcement programs.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Marquette Law Review (Note & Comment Editor)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Quarterly (Student Editor)
- CALI Awards (highest grade) in Legal Writing & Research I, Legal Writing & Research II, Employment Discrimination, and Labor Law
- Academic Success Program Leader (Teaching Assistant)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., with honors, 2006)
- Major: English
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
Professional and Civic Activities
- Leadership Greater Madison (2014)
- Law Clerk to Judge Michael Bohren, Waukesha County Circuit Court (2007–2008)
- Quarles Cares (Committee Member)
- Quarles & Brady Truancy Court team