Stacy Alexejun is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Her practice focuses on trademark, trade secrets, and unfair competition litigation. She also has experience representing product manufacturers against product liability claims.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Stacy served as a law clerk to Justice Annette Kingsland Ziegler of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Her recent experience includes:
- Representation of a financial services company in a significant lawsuit against two former investment advisors, alleging breach of a non-compete agreement, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, breach of loyalty, tortious interference, and civil conspiracy.
- Representation of a healthcare software company seeking to protect its trade secrets from disclosure under public records law. Obtained injunctive relief prohibiting disclosure of client’s trade secrets.
- Representation of a gas station in defending against alleged violations of Wisconsin’s Unfair Sales Act. Obtained order favorably interpreting the Act’s meeting competition exception.
- Representation of companies in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Representation of companies in trademark enforcement programs.
- Representation of companies in patent infringement matters.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademarks & Copyrights
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Marquette Law Review (Note & Comment Editor)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Quarterly (Student Editor)
- CALI Awards (highest grade) in Legal Writing & Research I, Legal Writing & Research II, Employment Discrimination, and Labor Law
- Academic Success Program Leader (Teaching Assistant)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., with honors, 2006)
- Major: English
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
Professional and Civic Activities
- Inaugural Class of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s G. Lane Ware Leadership Academy (2016-2017)
- Leadership Greater Madison (2014)
- Law Clerk to Judge Michael Bohren, Waukesha County Circuit Court (2007–2008)
- Quarles Cares (Committee Member)
- Quarles & Brady Legal Intervention for Nonviolence Clinic