Tom Simonis has a broad corporate, commercial, and tax practice with substantial experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions; domestic and foreign joint ventures; planning for the privately held business and its owners; distribution, supply, and other commercial contracts; and a wide variety of general corporate and tax matters. Mr. Simonis also is a certified public accountant. His experience includes:
- Representing both buyers and sellers in numerous acquisition, divestiture, and joint venture transactions.
- Assisting privately held businesses with buy-sell agreements and other succession matters.
- Regularly advising businesses in general corporate, commercial, and tax matters.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1981)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin (B.B.A., 1975)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1981
- U.S. Tax Court, 1981
Professional and Civic Activities
- Certified Public Accountant, Wisconsin, 1978
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Former Chair, Committee on Wisconsin Corporation Taxation; Former Member, Committee on International Trade)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Former Director, International Transactions Section)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Former Chair, International Trade Committee, Southeast Chapter)
- Alto-Shaam, Inc. (Director)
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2007–present: Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006–2008 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Closely Held Business)