Thomas Krumenacher focuses his practice on U.S. and foreign patents and trademarks. He has considerable experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the electrical, mechanical and medical device arts, along with counseling and preparing opinions in patent and trademark infringement and validity matters, strategic patent portfolio development and filing strategies, patent landscape analysis including due diligence reviews and freedom to operate reviews, and performing IP audits and evaluations. In particular, Thomas has professional experience in:
- Neurostimulation systems and methods for a variety of therapeutic treatments, including implantable and non-implantable systems.
- Medical devices and systems for cardiac, vasculature and nasal treatments.
- Printing equipment, including web-based and hand-held printers.
- Video projector systems.
- Aircraft wing configurations.
- Water treatment systems and methods.
- Pneumatic valves.
- Modular rock climbing walls and related accessories.
- Woodworking equipment and tools.
- Consumer goods.
Mr. Krumenacher's technical experience includes ten years at Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley in a variety of engineering and marketing positions. His work focused on custom control systems, power products, programmable logic controllers and automation systems.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, Lead Articles Editor. Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, Member. Intellectual Property Law Society, Member. CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Recipient for highest score in Patent Litigation.
- Rader School of Business, Milwaukee School of Engineering (M.S.E.M., 1998)
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (B.S.E.T.E., with honors, 1990)
- Waukesha County Technical College (A.A.S.E.T., 1987)
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member).
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (Member).
- American Bar Association (Member).
- Milwaukee School of Engineering Alumni Association Board of Directors (Member).
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (Chairman of the Board).
- City of Pewaukee Board of Review (Chairman of the Board).