Scott Jenkins’ practice focuses on bankruptcy, commercial litigation, and creditor's rights litigation. Scott serves as a legal resource and trusted advisor to his clients and contacts. He has significant experience helping businesses and individuals resolve disputes and make business transactions happen.
Scott represents over a dozen national, regional, and community banks, and helps financial institutions with real estate and commercial loan restructuring and workouts, loan and guaranty enforcement actions, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, receiverships, and commercial bankruptcies. Scott also has extensive experience defending his clients against lender liability claims. In addition, Scott represents receivers and trustees in various State and Federal Court proceedings.
Scott serves as a counselor to businesses of all sizes to resolve issues that include breach of contract claims, landlord and tenant matters, partnership disputes, real estate transactional disputes, and transportation-related disputes. He has represented clients at the federal and state court level.
An AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, Scott is also recognized in Best Lawyers in America and in Southwest Super Lawyers. He actively participates in the Volunteer Lawyers Program of Maricopa County and has been recognized as a Top 50 Pro Bono Attorney by the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Education and Honors
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2002)
- Gonzaga International Law Journal (Member)
- The University of Arizona (B.A., 1999)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2002
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Thunderbirds (Organizer and Host of the Waste Management Phoenix Open) (2015–present)
- Fiesta Bowl (Committee Member, 2012–present)
- Junior Achievement of Arizona (Central District Board of Directors, 2004–present)
- Turnaround Management Association (Member)
- Capitol Elementary School (Volunteer, 2015–present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®, (2015–present)
- Super Lawyers: Creditor Debtor Rights (2012–present)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Peer Review Rated
- Arizona Business Magazine, Generation Next Forty Under 40 (2014)
- Arizona Business Magazine, Best of Arizona Attorneys-Bankruptcy
- Phoenix Business Journal, Forty Under 40 (2009)
- Valley Leadership, Leadership Institute Class XXXI (2009)
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys (2007)