Bill Harbeck focuses his practice in the area of litigation, with an emphasis on environmental litigation and commercial/business disputes. He also represents clients in insurance coverage actions relating to environmental claims.
- Environmental practice, including both private party litigation in state and federal courts nationwide, and administrative proceedings involving United States EPA and equivalent state agencies.
- Prosecution of insurance coverage actions against insurers who have failed to defend and/or indemnify against environmental claims.
- Broad range of civil litigation, including prosecution and defense of clients in commercial and business disputes, contract actions, collection matters, construction disputes, toxic torts, etc.
- Extensive alternative dispute resolution experience in both environmental and general litigation matters.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1980)
- Harvard University (A.B., magna cum laude, 1977)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1980
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Environmental Sections)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2017 Milwaukee Litigation - Environmental "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2009–present: Litigation – Environmental)