Bill Harbeck focuses his practice in the area of litigation, with an emphasis on environmental litigation and commercial/business disputes. He also represents clients in insurance coverage actions relating to environmental claims.
- Environmental practice includes both private party litigation in state and federal courts nationwide, and administrative proceedings involving United States EPA and equivalent state agencies.
- Prosecution of insurance coverage actions against insurers who have failed to defend and/or indemnify against environmental claims.
- Broad range of civil litigation including prosecution and defense of clients in commercial and business disputes, contract actions, collection matters, construction disputes, toxic torts, etc.
- Extensive alternative dispute resolution experience in both environmental and general litigation matters.
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1980)
- Harvard University (A.B., magna cum laude, 1977)
U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1995
U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1993
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1980
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1980
U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 2010
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1980
Peer Review Rated.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2009-present: Litigation - Environmental).
Professional and Civic Activities
Milwaukee Bar Association (Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Environmental Sections).
State Bar of Wisconsin (Member).