- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers representing a real estate investment trust in a public-private partnership to develop, finance, construct, and operate of a transportation-related project in suburban Chicago.
- Assisting the developer of a multi-modal logistics park in identifying and obtaining federal, state, and local support for infrastructure upgrades, including the federal Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant program.
- Led a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers representing a publicly traded infrastructure company in its acquisition and financing of a district cooling system that serves downtown Chicago.
- Provided advice on Illinois’ public-private partnership laws, including the Public-Private Partnerships for Transportation Act and the Public Private Agreements for the Illiana Expressway Act.
- Assisting with securing necessary federal, state, and local permits and approvals.
- Drafting and negotiating project agreements including memoranda of understanding and non-disclosure agreements.
- Analyzed related legal issues concerning financing, taxation, third-party investment, confidentiality, and environmental matters including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements.