Adie Olson advises corporations on lobbying, campaign finance, ethics, and pay-to-play compliance, at the federal level and in all 50 states. Her experience includes the following:
- Representing corporations with government affairs compliance issues—as national and regional counsel—for matters including lobbying registration and reporting, campaign finance issues, political outreach planning, independent expenditures, procurement lobbying, "pay-to-play" compliance, statements of economic interest, and enforcement actions.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive corporate government affairs compliance programs.
- Performing comprehensive audits including: campaign finance audits for federal and state political action committees, overall corporate government affairs policy and practice assessments, and lobbying/ethics specific audits.
- Training government affairs and cross-disciplinary corporate teams on best practices and legal requirements for compliance.
Adie is actively engaged in supporting the retention and promotion of fellow women and diverse lawyers in Chicago and nationally. She is also active in her community, supporting the City of Chicago and its public schools.
- Assisted client, in a highly regulated industry, with the review, approval, and proper transmittal of a significant number of political contributions in all 50 states annually.
- Successfully responded to multiple audit requests by three state agencies for a corporate California PAC under compliance scrutiny.
- Drafted and implemented companywide government affairs compliance program at the federal and state levels, for a Fortune 100 company.
- Audited one of the largest corporate federal PACs for a Fortune 500 Company.
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2003)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 1997)
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2003
Professional and Civic Activities
- Q&B, Women in Leadership Initiative (Firmwide Chair)
- Legal Action of Wisconsin (Executive Board Member)
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (Global Advisory Board)
- U.S. Law Firm Women's Committee
- Public Affairs Council (SLGA Advisory Board)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society
- Diversity and Flexibility Alliance: Attorney Spotlight (November, 2018)
- Chicagoland Athena Organizational Leadership Award Recipient (October, 2018)