Al Howard advises clients in diverse industries on issues arising from the hiring, transfer and permanent sponsorship of foreign-national employees. Al has counseled Fortune 100 and 500 multinational companies, regional and local businesses, non-profit institutions, and individuals on a broad range of immigration matters adjudicated before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Department of Labor (DOL), and international consulates.
His experience also includes:
- Preparation and review of immigrant visa matters for submission to USCIS and the DOL, including: the PERM labor certification process, PERM audit responses, EB1-C Multinational Executive/ Manager I-140 petitions, PERM-based I-140 petitions, and I-485 Adjustments of Status.
- Advising, drafting, and submitting nonimmigrant visa petitions for both principals and dependent beneficiaries, including: H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, and TN petitions, EAD cards, Advance Parole documentation, and complex Request for Evidence (RFE) Responses.
- Performing legal research pertaining to federal immigration regulations, emerging agency guidance and adjudications, and litigation to effectively advise clients and ensure compliance to the constantly-shifting immigration legal landscape.
Al is a member of the Labor and Employment Group's Immigration team.
Admitted in Michigan. Practice is limited to Immigration.
Education and Honors
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Michigan State University (B.A., 2015)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, member