Allison Buchanan practices in the firm's Public Finance Group. She advises school districts and other municipalities in many areas of municipal finance. Some of her recent experience includes:
- Serving as bond counsel for school districts on numerous financings for capital projects, refundings and cash flow/short-term borrowings.
- Working with school districts on many bond and revenue cap referenda, with bond referenda ranging in size from $500,000 to $162,760,000.
- Working with clients on 501(c)(3) bond financings. Advising clients on post-issuance compliance matters.
- Providing assistance related to public records and open meetings laws.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- The Wisconsin International Law Journal (Note and Comment Editor, 2005, 2006)
- Served as a judicial intern for Honorable Judge Moria Krueger of the Dane County Circuit Court
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)
- Indiana (Inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Women in Public Finance Wisconsin Chapter
- Marquette Legal Clinic Pro Bono Volunteer Lawyer (2010–present)
- Life Navigators (Member, Friends of Life Navigators Young Professionals Group, 2011–present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Joseph County, Inc. (Board of Directors, 2007, 2008)
- Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County, Indiana (Member, Young Professionals Network Advisory Council, 2006–2008)
- Milwaukee Business Journal, Forty Under Forty (2020)