Amanda Leese primarily represents private companies and firms in the formation and management of investment vehicles. She also provides counsel on a variety of strategic transactions including direct investments, co-investments, joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures, and has counseled private sponsors in secondary transactions.
Amanda has experience handling capital raises ranging from under $500 million to more than $5 billion, and various other strategic transactions ranging from $10 million to more than $4 billion, across diverse industries such as renewable energy, biomedical, transportation and financial services sectors.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady LLP, Amanda worked with global law firms in Chicago, Ill., and Boston, Mass., and counseled private investment firms and corporate clients on transactions including the following:
Formations and Capital Raises
- First-time fundraises for private equity sponsors with hard caps ranging from $400 million to $750 million.
- Fundraise for an established private equity sponsor with a hard cap over $3.5 billion.
- Formation of a start-up company, and subsequent fundraising Series and technology transfers.
- Investments in early-stage companies by large institutional investors.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Sale of a media company ($1.7+ billion).
- Acquisition of an aerospace component manufacturer ($360+ million).
- Acquisition of a surgical device manufacturer ($150+ million).
- Sale of a biomedical device manufacturer ($2.7 billion).
- Acquisition of a biomaterial supplier ($250+ million).
- Acquisition of a discount retailer (165+ million).
- Initial and add-on acquisitions of a technology company ($21+ million).
- Acquisition of a chemical services provider ($9.5+ million).
- Joint venture transaction between rail providers (6.0+ million).
- Bankruptcy Code Chapter 11 Section 363 acquisition of a sales services provider ($6.0+ million).
- Seconded to a university to assist in its preparation of a sale of a portfolio of real estate investments.
- Special Assistant for Policy and Projects, U.S. Senate, Office of Senator Jeanne Shaheen, 2009-2010
- Supply Chain Analyst, Clinton Health Access Initiative, The Clinton Foundation, 2007-2008
- Research Analyst, Corporate Strategy Board, The Corporate Executive Board, 2006-2007
Admitted in Massachusetts (2017) and Illinois (2013, inactive).
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., cum laude)
- Illinois (Inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, member
- Association of Securities & Exchange Commission Alumni Award, 2012-2013