Amy Lenz is an associate in the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Amy represents clients in a variety of industries and business sectors in both state and federal courts. She focuses her litigation practice on securities disputes, health law matters, insurance coverage disputes, business torts, and commercial lease disputes.
Her experience includes drafting and filing pleadings and motions, preparing and examining witnesses, and appearing on behalf of clients in state and federal court.
Amy actively supports Quarles & Brady's mission to provide legal services to low-income clients by representing them through CARPLS legal aid hotline which provides advice and referrals on landlord-tenant law, consumer debt, and domestic relations. She has also represented prisoners in a class action involving parole issues and a petition for post-conviction habeas relief.
- Counsel in successfully defeating a pharmacy services organization administration's emergency motion for preliminary injunction filed in arbitration against a PBM.
- Successfully defended a 7th Circuit appeal of an entry of summary judgment for a commercial landlord client in a suit involving tortious interference with contract between landlord and tenant.
- Obtained a successful settlement in a shareholder's dispute case involving issues of breach of contract and unjust enrichment.
- Counsel representing an indigent plaintiff over a familial dispute involving the passing of her child.
- Obtained a successful settlement for an indigent client against the Illinois Department of Labor in a wage-dispute matter.
Education and Honors
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- University of Arizona (B.A., cum laude, 2016)
- Major: Law; Minor: Psychology
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Professional and Civic Activities
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Women’s Bar Association (Member)
- CARPLS Professionals (Board Member)