Andrew Gleason advises property owners, developers, and lenders in a broad range of real estate and finance transactions. As a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group, he focuses his practice on intricate real estate transactions, including acquisition and disposition transactions, commercial leasing, impacts of state and local government regulation on real estate development and entitlements, real estate financing, and workout of distressed debt.
Mr. Gleason has served as lead counsel to developers, lenders, and property owners in numerous transactions. Since 2014, he has served as lead legal adviser in transactions for a lender in the origination of multiple credit facilities in excess of $50 million secured by various real estate asset classes; for the sellers of a $140+ million office building portfolio and a $160 million retail shopping center portfolio; and for a buyer in an $80 million acquisition of raw land for the development of a master planned golf course community.
He provides advice with respect to complex title and due diligence matters, and representation in understanding and obtaining zoning and other real property entitlements. He also advises clients on election law and campaign finance compliance, referendum and initiative requirements, and other local government law matters.
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2018)
- The George Washington University (J.D., with honors, 2000)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A., with high honors, 1996)
- Urban and Regional Planning
Professional and Civic Activities
- Downtown Phoenix Partnership
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Arizona Bar Association (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Phoenix Illini Club
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2020: Real Estate Law)
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2012-2014)