Andrew Barnes had a business law practice, with an emphasis on commercial financings, commercial purchase and sales transactions, and out-of-court restructurings and business bankruptcies.
- Mr. Barnes regularly represented borrowers, lenders, agents and others in complex financing transactions, including acquisition financings, working capital secured and unsecured credit facilities, multicurrency cross-border syndicated loans, asset securitization programs, interest rate protection agreements and other financial transactions.
- Mr. Barnes has extensive experience in business workouts and Chapter 11 reorganizations, as counsel to business debtors, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, bond trustees, lenders' syndicate agents and landlords throughout the United States.
- Mr. Barnes regularly advised business clients on a broad variety of commercial purchase and sales transactions. His experience includes extensive UCC transactions, equipment leases and similar business matters.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1975)
- Wisconsin Law Review (Member 1973-1975; Board of Editors, 1974-1975).
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1967)
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1975
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (former member, Business Law Section Committee on Legal Opinions; former member, Business Bankruptcy Committee)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Former member Board of Directors, Bankruptcy Insolvency and Creditors Rights Section; former member, Standard Forms of Legal Opinion Committee; former member, Business Law Section Committee to Review Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code; former member, Rules of Negotiation Forum)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (former member, Bankruptcy Section Local Rules Committee)
- United States Law Firm Group (former member, Creditors Rights Committee)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1989-2010: Banking Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law)
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2010 Milwaukee Banking Lawyer of the Year
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005-2010 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights)
- Named on multiple occasions as one of Milwaukee's "Best Lawyers" by Milwaukee Magazine