Andrew Kuntz focuses his practice on immigration and global mobility, including nonimmigrant and immigrant visa issues, I-9 compliance and worksite enforcement, and immigration-related investigations and dispute resolution.
Previously, Andrew served as a Deputy Attorney General in the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office providing legal advice to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities and the New Jersey Department of Transportation regarding the creation, implementation, and enforcement of complex regulations. Andrew applies his extensive administrative law experience when analyzing and devising intricate immigration law strategies to support his clients’ businesses in navigating the complexities of U.S. immigration laws.
Immediately before joining Quarles & Brady, Andrew was an associate at a top New Jersey law firm representing corporations in complex commercial, employment, and real estate litigation. Andrew also advised public entities on the adoption and implementation of laws and regulations. His previous experience creating and implementing discovery strategies complements his current compliance and dispute resolution work.
Prior to private practice, Andrew served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ariel A. Rodriguez on the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey.
Andrew’s familiarity with his family and friends’ immigration experiences bolsters his passion for providing clients from diverse national and cultural backgrounds with thoughtful guidance and zealous representation in pursuit of their immigration and mobility needs.
- Contributed to a brief to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit petitioning for review of a Board of Immigration Appeals final order denying an application for cancellation of removal under 8 U.S.C. § 1229b.
- Counseled the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities on its solicitation and award of 1,100 MW of offshore wind generation.
- Successfully defended an appeal of the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities’ final agency decision determining a natural gas pipeline complied with relevant safety regulations.
- Represented an education commission in the negotiation of a settlement of a lawsuit alleging discriminatory termination and claiming $1M in damages.
- Organized and led a team of attorneys and staff in reviewing a document set spanning 15 years related to an employment discrimination case against a public entity.
- Represented a paper manufacturing company in a shareholder dispute alleging breach of operating agreement brought by a minority shareholder.
Admitted in New York and New Jersey.
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- White Collar Crime and Internal Investigations
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Massachusetts (B.S., cum laude, 2008)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, member
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia, member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, member