Andrew Stoker focuses his practice on product liability matters, including defending clients from personal injury and wrongful death claims. In addition, he has significant experience successfully representing product manufacturers and equipment dealers in commercial disputes over the performance of purchased and rented equipment. Andrew works with large national and international corporations in a number of different industries that range from handheld consumer products to forklifts and heavy mining equipment.
His recent experience includes:
- Securing summary judgment for a mining equipment manufacturer in a personal injury claim by excluding the plaintiff’s expert.
- Securing dismissal of cross claim filed by a co-defendant by invoking Federal Arbitration Act.
Andrew is also involved in the firm's pro bono efforts. He has worked with the Sojourner Family Peace Center, representing survivors of domestic violence in court and helping them obtain restraining orders against their abusers.
Education and Honors
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2018)
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Award (Highest Grade in Class): Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, and Consumer Finance
- Rickert Award for Academic Excellence
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2014)
- Majors: Economics, Legal Studies, and Sociology
- Alpha Kappa Delta Honor Society
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Milwaukee Bar Association, member, 2015-present
- The American Economic Association, member, 2014-present