Angela O'Brien provides advice and counsel in immigration matters for clients in a variety of industries and business sectors.
Her specific immigration experience includes:
- Assessing and preparing nonimmigrant visas, permanent resident and citizenship applications, and Labor Certification (PERM) applications
- Applying for National Interest Exception waivers for individuals subject to the COVID-19 travel restrictions of Presidential Proclamations 9984 (China), 9992 (Iran), 10143 (Schengen Area, UK, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa), and 10199 (India)
- Preparing individuals for visa interviews at U.S. consulates worldwide
- Maintaining routine correspondence with individuals and client representatives regarding requirements, timelines, and expectations
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Angela served the Greater Madison area as a volunteer attorney for the Community Immigration Law Center where she prepared defensive asylum applications. She also worked as a Clinical Law Student for the Immigrant Justice Clinic at the University of Wisconsin Law School where she represented noncitizens in removal proceedings.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Dean's Academic Achievement Award
- Wisconsin Law Review, note and comment editor
- Moot Court Board Member - Mathys Memorial Appellate Advocacy Award for Best Oralist and Best Coach
- Dane County Bar Association Law Student Pro Bono Award
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (B.A., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Majors: International Studies and Criminal Justice