Anita devotes her practice to litigating and resolving patent, trademark, and trade secret disputes. She represents clients across a wide variety of industries, including alcoholic beverages, children’s toys, professional sports, medical devices, medical software, sporting goods, telecommunications, and transportation.
Anita has experience in all aspects of litigation, from pre-filing investigation through appeal. She has litigated cases in many federal district and appellate courts, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and arbitration tribunals, such as the World Intellectual Property Organization. In addition to her litigation work, Anita counsels clients on intellectual property issues, and she frequently negotiates resolution of disputes without formal litigation.
Prior to law school, Anita served as a Corps Member with Teach For America in Houston, TX and worked on staff with Teach For America in Milwaukee, WI. She regularly represents clients in civil rights matters on a pro bono basis.
Her recent experience includes:
- Representation of a telecommunications company asserting patent infringement in the Western District of Wisconsin to a successful jury verdict, and defending the verdict on appeal.
- Representation of a software company defending against patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation in the Middle District of Tennessee and gaining a dismissal of the suit.
- Representation of a medical software company asserting trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract in the Western District of Wisconsin to a successful jury verdict.
- Representation of a software company defending against patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation in the Western District of Wisconsin and gaining a full dismissal of the suit with prejudice.
- Representation of a professional sports team in a trademark cancellation proceeding in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Trademark Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin (J.D., 2014)
- Wisconsin Law Review: Articles Editor (2013-2014), Member (2012-2013)
- Moot Court Board: Coach (2014), Competitor (2013)
- Pro Bono Society (2014)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 2007)
- Degree: Biology
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2022