Tony Tomaselli was an intellectual property litigator, with substantial experience in all types of intellectual property disputes, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, licensing, and restrictive covenant disputes. He had represented clients in courts from Delaware to California.
If any matter comes to litigation, clients could confidently put themselves in Tony’s hands, comfortable in the knowledge that Quarles has been called a “Litigation Powerhouse” by The BTI Consulting Group and is on BTI’s “Honor Roll” in the categories of “IP Litigation” and “Most Feared Litigation Firm.” Tony had also been named a "Client Service All-Star" by BTI.
Tony took no greater professional pleasure than pursuing his client’s goals in an efficient and cost-effective manner, he would say, “There’s no better feeling in the world than achieving a result that makes a client happy.” Tony had helped clients obtain jury verdicts of $940,000,000; $44,126,822; and $5,443,484.
Tony was also very active in firm management. He served as the National Chair of the Quarles IP Litigation Team for over ten years. He also served on the firm's Client Development Committee, Recruiting Committee and Associate Review Committee.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1988)
- Wisconsin Law Review (Note and Comment Editor)
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., with honors, 1984)
- Phi Kappa Phi
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Professional and Civic Activities
- Justice Louis J. Ceci, Wisconsin Supreme Court (Law Clerk, 1988–1989)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Litigation Committee (Member)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- Safe Harbor of Dane County, Inc. (Secretary; Chair-elect; Chair; Director, 2001–2008)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member of Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- Western District Bar Association for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (Member)
- Named a 2017 BTI Consulting Group “Client Service All-Star"
- Named Wisconsin Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation (2015–present)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013–present: Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Selected for inclusion in 2013–present IAM 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners
- Selected for inclusion in the 2009–present Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Intellectual Property Litigation)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2020: Intellectual Property, Intellectual Property: Litigation)