Averi Niemuth is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. She focuses her practice on general civil and commercial litigation. Averi also is a member of the Employee Benefits team. She assists with all manner of employee benefits-related work.
Prior to joining the firm, she served as a legal intern for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and was a law clerk for Judge Reilly at the Wisconsin Court of Appeals in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
While in law school, Averi was a legal volunteer for the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic and the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Domestic Violence Unit.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Marquette Benefits and Social Welfare Law Review (Staff Editor and Articles Editor)
- Jenkins Honors Moot Court Competition (2nd Place Brief); Robert E. Wagner National Moot Court Competition
- CALI Award for Legal Excellence (highest grade) in Legal Writing and Research 2; Advanced Legal Research: Labor and Employment; Contract Drafting Workshop; Women in the Law Seminar; Crime & Punishment: American History
- Academic Success Program Leader (Teaching Assistant) for Appellate Writing and Advocacy
- Marian University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin