The Quarles & Brady finance practice is directly attuned to the uncertainties, increased competition, and enhanced and evolving regulatory landscape our financial institution clients now face. We serve as both regional and national leaders in the industry in advising our clients on the negotiation, structure, and documentation of all varieties of financing transactions, including public and structured finance, asset-based financing, corporate finance, financings in circumstances involving distressed borrowers or industries, and real estate-secured loans. Our finance practice has a decades-long history of advising lenders of all sizes, from the largest global financial institutions to local community banks. We take particular pride in our ability to interact with Quarles & Brady lawyers in other practices who focus on areas such as creditors' rights, litigation, environmental law, health care, and real estate transactions. This interaction allows us to achieve sophisticated and successful results on an efficient basis, with an emphasis on providing our clients with creative and cost-effective outcomes in their transactions.
Our experience and areas of particular expertise include:
- representation of servicers in redocumenting and conveying loans of both a commercial and real estate secured nature;
- sale and leaseback transactions involving both individual, and multiple properties;
- development bonds, in representing issuers, credit enhancers, trustees, and purchasers or investors;
- financings involving Native American tribes, with respect to lenders, developers, and the tribes themselves;
- financings involving public utilities that provide electricity, water, and other substantial infrastructure throughout the United States;
- financings involving creditor committees, trustees, equity holders, and other significant participants in bankruptcy-centric transactions;
- traditional and nontraditional loans, as well as securitized, participated, and syndicated lending arrangements; and
- loans involving health care businesses and facilities.
Our finance lawyers have been recognized both regionally and nationally for their expertise and—together with the other areas of excellence within our firm—present a strong, experienced, and innovative team for our financing clients and activities. We are proud of our finance practice and the longstanding and valued relationships we enjoy with our clients.